The E2:10 Process
A 12 Month Immersive Missional Experience
- E2:10 is a 12 month program that runs from July through June.
- In some cases it may be possible to begin the process in September. (Note you desire a "Late Start" on your application)
Detox: July/Aug Preparation: Unlearning and rewiring old default missional settings.
Each disciple spends these first 2 months in spiritual preparation for the intensive training to come. Most Christ-followers are extremely dependent on outside influences and patterns of thinking that may limit their fruitfulness. The Detox time helps the disciple unlearn bad habits and reconnect with Christ in a very personal way. The purpose of these two months is to purge unhealthy defaults in our spirituality. In particular there are two areas that specifically need purging:
- Hearing God’s voice through a human leader
- Finding one’s spiritual identity through their work/ministry.
The process is simple but not easy. We recommend each disciple...
- Attend a "Walk Free Weekend" arranged by E2:10
- Spend a few days in silence, prayer, and fasting
- Read no book but the Bible
- Listen to no sermons or other outside teaching
- Accept no ministry responsibilities whatsoever
- Participate in a spiritual family and a Life Transformation Group (LTG)
Development: September—May Immersion Training: Building on the now blank canvas the candidate will experience learning in a multitude of forms.
Early in the development stage, the disciples will be sent out in teams to meet an urban faith challenge. The goal of this excursion is for each disciple to experience the faithfulness of God and learn to trust Him and His power and sufficiency in more tangible ways.
During the development stage:
- Disciples meet together for 4 hours each week to learn systematic theology and organic strategies for multiplying disciples, leaders, churches and movements. Preparation for these encounters will require at least another 4 hours per week.
- Each disciple will also spend a minimum of one hour per week participating in a Life Transformation Group (LTG) and two hours every other week being personally coached to discover and implement their personal mission.
- It will be expected that each disciple will spend a minimum of 10 hours per week implementing their personal mission.
In all, E2:10 Training requires a minimum input of 20 hours per week.
Deployment: June: Individual planning of next steps.
- Assessment and confirmation of calling
- Ceremonial rite of passage
- Induction into global tribe
- Next steps deployment
The last month involves some prayerful discernment by both the disciple and their coach to determine the candidates unique calling, gift-mix and next steps.
At this time a tailored excursion may be planned to assist the disciple in further implementation of their personal mission.
The training culminates with a rite of passage ceremony that confers upon the apprentice a place among the initiated in mission.